To be an outstanding education centre in Information Science and Engineering through excellence in teaching and research.
• To empower the graduates with domain specific knowledge, skill and creative thinking.
• To create wide angle exposure to the stakeholder on thrust areas.
• To prepare graduates with research and entrepreneurship attitude having high moral and ethical values.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Graduates will be able to :
• Provide solutions by applying knowledge and skills in the field of information science and engineering.
• Excel in their profession through creative thinking and continuous learning to cater societal needs.
• Function effectively in software development, research and entrepreneurship.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
• Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science,
engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
• Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze
complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
• Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
• Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
• Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
• The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
• Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
• Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
• Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
• Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
• Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
• Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PSO (PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES)
PSO1: Provide students with core competence in Mathematics, Scientific and Basic Engineering
Fundamentals to develop Software Applications.
PSO2: Train students with knowledge and skills in core areas of System Engineering, Information
Processing and Application Development.
PSO3: Inculcate students to excel in IT profession, Entrepreneurship and Research with ethical
Head of the department: Dr. S. K. Padma