Industry Institution Partnership Cell
Department of Electronics and Communication
- Internships for UG and PG students at various Industries and Institutes like IISc, IIT’s and NIT’s
- Industrial visits for UG and PG students
- Conduction of Expert lectures to UG and PG students.
- Organizing workshops for students and faculties.
- National Center for MEMS design in the department, where students will be doing projects.
- Philips India have established lab in the department that is used by the students for their internship and projects.
- Analog devices lab in the department.
Department of Polymer Science and Technology (PST)
PST department has been maintaining excellent Industry Interaction right from its inception. This was made possible because of Indian Rubber Institute (IRI) (http://www.iri.net.in), a professional body affiliated to American Chemical society (Rubber Division). IRI acts as a link between PST department and Industries.
This close knit relations between the industry and academia has helped us in
- Sending our UG and PG students for Industrial visits.
- Providing Project works to our UG and PG students on current technical issues.
- Utilizing the facilities of industries, that are not available in our department.
- Organizing monthly lectures by experts in Polymer Engineering.
- Organizing National level Conferences (POLYCON) once in three years, for which major funds comes from industries.
Some of the important industries with whom we interact on regular basis are
- J K Tires and Industries, Mysore
- Mysore Polymers, Mysore
- Triton Valves, Mysore
- Indo-US MIM Industries, Hosakote
- Brakes India Ltd. (TVS group)
- GLS Polymers Ltd., Bangalore
- SABIC Innovative Plastics India Pvt Ltd. (previously GE Global Research Center), Bangalore
- Exxon Mobil, Bangalore
- Kurlon, Bangalore
- Toyota Kirloskar, Bnagalore
- Akzo Noble, Hosakote
- 3M, Bangalore
DIRI and PG-DIRI Achievements
In association with IRI, we conduct coaching classes every year for about 12 sundays for the registered students of Diploma of Indian Rubber Institute (DIRI) and Post Graduate Diploma of Indian Rubber Institute (PG-DIRI). These courses are exclusively designed for working professions in Rubber and Allied Chemical Industries. The coaching classes are conducted at PST department on Sundays, by Experienced Technical personnel from Rubber Industries and faculty members of PST department. A national Level Crash course for 3 days is conducted at SJCE every year for the past 6 years. About 50 DIRI and PG-DIRI students of Karnataka, Kerala, Tamilnadu and Andhra Pradesh attend this crash course. This is becoming popular year by year. IRI Karnataka branch students have been getting consistently the top three ranks.
Department of PST takes up consultancy works mainly in the area of Thermal and chemical characterization of polymers . In addition to Revenue generation this activity has helped us make the best use of the sophisticated equipments available in our labs. Our faculty members closely interact with industry and understand their problems and help them in trouble shooting
Rubber Skill Development Center
In line with Government of India Skill Development scheme, it is proposed to establish a Rubber Skill Development Center (RSDC) jointly by JSS Mahavidyapeetha and IRI as a joint venture. A state of the art lab, class room, installation of rubber processing machinery to train youngsters at different level is planned under this scheme. With the kind of skills given here, the trainees can directly got go to shop floor.
DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL ENGINEERING
Industry Interaction with respect to the following aspects:
1. MOU wrt to research/exchange program/internship/projects (staff and students).
- MOU between SJCE and Arizona State University, Tempe, USA. – 2nd Sept 2013.
- MOU between SJCE and IIT, Hyderabad – 19th Sept., 2014.
- Consultancy projects related with works of
UltraTech Cements India Pvt. Ltd., Ramco Cements, India Cements Pvt. Ltd., J.K. Cements Pvt. Ltd., Different Steel Industries, Brick Industries, Tile Industries, Construction Industries and Government organizations such as PWD, CPWD, ZP, KRIDL, MUDA, MCC, KHSDRP, BEML, etc.,
3. R&D collaboration with premier institutions/ industry.
- Arizona State University, Tempe, USA.
- IIT Hyderabad
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE & ENGG.
MoU/ Collaboration with Industries
- IBM, India for Big Data Analytics. The course is prepared by IBM, they provide training to faculty members along with computing resources.
- Regional Telecom Training Centre (RTTC), Mysuru for practical realization of computer networks to students by conducting AD-ON courses.
- Brocade, Bengaluru for practical realization of computer networks to students by conducting switching course as part of the Finishing school.
- Motorola, Bengaluru for practical exposure of computer networks to students by conducting wireless course as part of the Finishing school.
- Convergent Wireless Communications, Bengaluru for practical exposure to Ethernet cabling, crimping and other tools as part of the Finishing school.
- Infosys, Mysuru, for real time applications and projects with JAVA & J2EE technology as part of the Finishing school.