Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme TEQIP is the World Bank assisted project under Government of India for the improvement of technical education The first phase was focused on Infrastructural and overall development of technical institutes and the second phase focuses on Research, Innovation and scaling-up Post Graduate education. Abou 190 institutions including NITs all over the country are benefitted by the project. State Project facilitating Unit (SPFU) at directorate of Technical Education, Government of Karnataka facilitates TEQIP activities for the state of Karnataka and is always encouraging for such activities which help in the growth of technical education.
SJCE has successfully completed World Bank assisted TEQIP – I scheme of Government of India as a lead institute in which the emphasis was on infrastructure and is part of TEQIP II scheme in which priority is on post graduate education, research and innovation. SJCE has successfully implemented TEQIP II till date, expenditures are incurred under all heads and almost all the project targets have been achieved till date. SJCE has fulfilled the requirements of Key Performance Indices securing 8 out of 8 points in the recently concluded Joint Review Meeting with world bank and MHRD, completed all the procurement successfully, succeeded in being identified as lead institute in Global Initiative for Academic Networking (GIAN) and was selected for Programme of Leadership in University Management (PLUM) with NUS Singapore. All these resulted in recognizing SJCE for additional grants of Rs. 500 Lakhs under TEQIP-II. The overall performance of SJCE has been appreciated by SPFU, NPIU and MHRD.
SJCE has progressed in improving the quality and quantity of Masters& Doctoral students in Engineering, Improving collaboration with industry, Quantitative increase & qualitative improvement in research by faculty individually, jointly& collaboratively, Developing research interest among undergraduate students, Improving the academic performance of weak students, enhancing transition rate, improving employability of students through Finishing Schools and Improving institutional governance. Two of the main focusses of SJCE have been ‘Research’ and ‘Internationalization’.
The targets of TEQIP-II have increased so far by,
- 2 new M.Tech programs initiated in project period.
- 22 % increase in M. Tech enrolment and output.
- 55 % increase in PhD enrolment & output.
- 90 % increase in the number of research publications by Faculty members.
- 50% increase in MoUs with industry; 40% increase in MoUs with other institutions.
- 3 % increase in IRG. • Excellent Transition rate (above 95 %) at all levels both in UG and PG courses.
- Training for Faculty and staff in domain area, pedagogy, research area and soft skills.
- Undergraduate placement rate increased from 84% to 96%.
- Climate for innovation & research created in the institute.
- Established Automotive Electronics Laboratory and Center for Road and Urban Transportation Eco-system