To excel in Polymer engineering education and research, to serve as valuable resource for multi-faceted industry and society.
• To provide well balanced curriculum and conducive environment to excel in polymer and allied engineering disciplines.
• To promote cutting edge polymer research by offering state-of-the-art facilities.
• To undertake collaborative projects for long term interactions with academia and industries.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs):
Graduates receiving the Bachelor of Engineering in Polymer Science and Technology will be able to-
• PSO1 (Macromolecules): Apply the basic concepts of chemistry, physics, structure-property relationship and thermodynamics of macromolecules to design novel polymeric materials and composites
• PSO2 (Rheology): Apply the knowledge of transport process to solve rheological issues in polymer processing and mold design.
• PSO3 (Quality Control): Apply the knowledge of polymer testing and characterization for quality control.
Program Educational Objectives(PEOs):
• PEO1: Provide graduates with strong fundamentals of science and engineering for a successful career in Polymer Science & Technology.
• PEO2: Enable graduates for higher education and innovative research to solve multidisciplinary issues.
• PEO3: Equip graduates with technical skills and moral values for being responsible individuals.
Program Specific Criteria (PSC):
• PSC1: Apply chemistry, physics to understand structure, properties, rheology, processing, performance of polymeric materials systems, for selection and design of suitable components and process to address the concerned issues.
• PSC2: Career development of members through research, consultancy and professional activities.
• PSC3: Provide collaborative learning opportunities through professional societies, industries, institutes and alumni fraternity for promoting PST education along with professional growth of associated individuals.
Head of the department: Dr. Siddaramaiah
Faculty details: Click here to view